Emergency repairs include anything that fixes your electricity, gas or water supply, or fixes anything that could cause injury to you or major damage to your home. Examples include:
- Fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure (i.e. door lock)
- Gas leak
- Burst water pipe
- Power cut
- Electrical sparks/shocks
- Blocked or broken toilet, if a second toilet is not available
- Broken window or glass
- Major roof leak
If you’re not sure if it’s an emergency, please ring us. Our on-call staff member will be able to help you work out whether the issue is an emergency or a general repair.
If it’s an emergency a contractor will be sent as soon as possible. Please give us the phone number of someone who can meet them there or stay at your home until the contractor arrives. It’s important someone is at home when the contractor arrives. If no one is there to let the contractor in, the cost of the call-out fee may be charged to you.
If you want something repaired after hours but it’s not an emergency, the call-out fee may be charged to you.
If something in your home needs to be repaired you need to let your Tenancy Manager know as soon as possible and they will organise someone to fix it.
All repair work needs to be organised by us so don’t get in touch with a contractor to fix it for you. Accessible Properties will not be held responsible for payment to any other contractors arranged by the tenant without prior approval.
You are responsible for:
- Replacing or repairing any items damaged by residents or visitors
- Keeping your home clean and free of mould and vermin. Sometimes there may be problems outside your control so let us know about these as soon as possible
- Replacing light bulbs
- Keeping the lawns and garden tidy
- Regularly disposing of rubbish
Accessible Properties is responsible for:
- Electrical fittings – light fittings and power points
- Secure external doors and windows
- Watertight walls and roof
- Heat pump maintenance
- Fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Plumbing including taps, basins, sinks, showers, hot water cylinders and toilets
- Cutting and trimming trees
- Removing debris from roof gutters and stormwater sumps